Monday, February 3, 2014

Change Up Your Home Decor

A friend came over the other day and said "Every time I come over to your house I see something new."  I laughed at the comment because I change things up all the time.   I've basically had the same furniture and decor basics for a long time.  What changes, is where they are placed or what is in them.  Sometimes the furniture looks new because I like to paint and recreate from what I already have.  I am always moving furniture around and trying things in different rooms.  If you haven't done this in a while - try it.  Sometimes we can't get past our current vision of where something belongs.  Try moving things around, or ask a friend what they might do differently in a room.  You might be amazed at all of the different options you have.  My kitchen counter and table decor changes weekly.  I like to see different things in different places.  







Decorating doesn't have to be expensive.  Take what you have and build around it.  Start with some small things like a bowl on a table or flowers in a vase.  Change what is in them.  Look at Pinterest  or the internet to get new ideas.  You will be amazed at how creative people are today.  You will also be amazed at how a simple change up to what you already have - can make a big difference in how a room feels.  If you have a Hobby Lobby nearby, they have an app you can put on your phone.  Everyday, there is a coupon to take 40% off one item.  

It's easy to get in a rut but small changes can have a big impact.  

Change it up!

Thanks for reading.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment