Thursday, February 13, 2014

No Crust Coconut Pie


If you haven't figured it out yet.....I love to cook and bake.  There is always something in my oven.  I love how different ingredients make your house smell soooo yummy!  I also know that not everyone has the time to bake so I found a coconut pie for y'all that is easy and quick! It is also a pie that doesn't have a crust so it's a bonus. That is, if you like coconut.  :)  It's not a fancy pie, but a good one for a cold day.  Think.... coconut meets egg custard.   I found this recipe on the internet, but made a few adjustments based on the comments.  It turned out so good that I couldn't get a picture of it before someone took a piece!

2  1/4 cups of milk (I used 2%)
1c white sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla (or 1tsp vanilla and 1tsp coconut flavoring or 2tsp of coconut if you love it)
1/4 melted butter
3/4 c bisquick
2 cups of coconut

Mix it all together and either butter a pie pan or use Pam.  If you use Pam the bottom won't brown.  I'm ok with that so I used Pam.  Bake at 350 for 50 min.

Yum!

Happy Thursday!

Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment