Monday, April 28, 2014

Whatever You Do.....Do It With Love

I was talking with my friend the other day about happiness and success. You know... those conversations you have when you are talking about life and trying to find your purpose in it. Am I fulfilling my life's purpose? Am I doing what I'm suppose to be doing? We are a generation searching for fulfillment.

I worked in the corporate world for a long time and really felt the need to back out on our most recent move to SC.  Two of mine were going into high school and one was entering college. I was telling my friend that I may have done things backwards in life.  Sometimes I think I should have stayed home when they were younger....(she stays home with three little ones).  I love being home now but they are grown up and don't need me as much anymore.  Then she said something that really hit home for me.  She said, "your children know you are there for them if they need you and that you love them. That's what matters."  How true.

It's not so much what you do in life but how you do it.  No matter if you are blazing the corporate path or building a home for your family. What matters is that you do it with love.

“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, “How many good things have you done in your life? Rather, he will ask, “how much love did you put into what you did?”



~mother teresa”

I hope you have a great week.

Paula






No comments:

Post a Comment