Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Feature....Giving, Just Because

Instead of featuring something for the home today, I want to feature putting something into action.  Doing something nice for someone that is out of the ordinary and not for an occasion or special celebration.
I know we are all busy and you are probably thinking...I wish I could but I just don't have the time....I get that.  I do. But, sometimes we need to step away from our busy crazy lives and allow ourselves the wonderful gift of giving. The gift of appreciation. When was the last time you stopped by a friends house with a card and some flowers or a plate of cookies for no reason at all?  Just a simple "thank you" for being my friend, or thank you for caring?  Maybe someone you know is having a hard time and just needs to know someone cares about them.

To give is a wonderful feeling.  To give without a reason, trumps that in a big way.

Do something for someone today just because you want to. Go buy a card, or pick up a little plant from the hardware store.  Bake something out of the goodness of your heart for no real reason - other than to say "I was thinking of you."  You will be amazed at the gift that you get back in return.  You will be amazed at how a simple act or a thoughtful gesture can change the course of the day. Lift up your friends or someone in your family and show them you care.
I've learned that people will forget what you said....
People will forget what you did....
But people will never forget how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelou

Imagine how much better the world would be if we all did this more often.   

I hope you have a great weekend and that you find time to lift someone up.  

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment