Monday, September 8, 2014

Blogging - Why?

Have you ever wanted to try something new and just haven't gotten the nerve to actually do it?  Maybe it's painting a room, taking up karate, learning to play an instrument or joining a group of some kind. Well.... this is how I got to blogging.  I wanted to try it.

Blogging isn't hard.  Getting started isn't hard.  In fact, starting a blog is super easy. I am not a computer person - at all.  Ask anyone that has worked with me before and they will laugh at that thought (a few will laugh hard!).

I decided to blog because I like to write and I wanted my very own space to be able to do just that.

Locksley Lane, is a place where I can put down my thoughts and voice how I'm feeling. I talk about things that are going on around my home, with my family or in my life.  It's my very own space where I can do what I want with it. I like that. I like having the freedom to pick a topic and say what I want about it. It's mine!  I'm not writing and posting looking for acceptance.  I'm writing because I have a little voice inside of me that wants to come out and wants to say something.  I want to encourage people to try new things and see that there is joy in the effort.  

I almost didn't start my blog because I was afraid people would judge my thoughts or my work. Who wants more criticism?  I was afraid my journalism peers would rip apart my grammar and verb tense. I know it's not always correct but I'm actually ok with that. I've given up being a perfectionist.  I hemmed and hawed a bit...and let the blog idea simmer for awhile. Then that little voice inside said "go ahead and try it."  (When you hear that little voice....you really should listen to it :)

I have been amazed and blessed in meeting, learning and talking with people about all kinds of things (some half way around the world and even "down under").  Most people are genuinely kind and supportive. Some.... and there are some... are critical.  That's ok too....but I'd prefer that you don't rain on my parade. 

If you have something that you have been thinking about doing for awhile now....give it a chance.  You'll never know the reward of something if you don't try it.  

"Never be afraid to try something new. 
Remember, amateurs built the ark.  Professionals built the titanic."
                                                     ~unknown 

Hope you have a great week.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment