Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Focus - Thankfulness

I spent the last year focusing on kindness.  I have learned a great deal by doing this and am amazed at how quickly kindness is returned when it is first extended. I will continue to work on being kind but want to focus on another area this year.

I was talking to my mom over the holidays and she shared some thoughts from Meister Eckhart who was a highly trained philosopher and theologian from the late 1200's (my mom is extremely well read).  His sermons and teachings emphasized God's presence in the individual soul, which awakens dignity and a natural outpouring of honesty and the want to do good in all things.

We all want to do good things right?  But are we thankful in heart and spirit for all things?

Being thankful makes you happy.  When you are happy and thankful you also realize how blessed you are.  You can't be thankful and feel bad at the same time. The emotions are polar opposites and don't work together. Try it.  :)  

Going forward this year, I am going to put a daily emphasis on being thankful.

"If the only prayer you say in your life is "thank you", that would suffice.  
                                                                                                                ~meister eckhart


Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment