Thursday, January 8, 2015

Layering Paint Is Easy

I've had lots of questions about layering paint lately.  This means that you are building confidence with your paint and want to try some different things.  That is great because playing around with your paints is how you learn to do new things.  I've posted before on layering paint but here are a few things I've done in the past that will show you how to do this.
One of the many things that I love about chalk paint is that it dries quickly and if you don't like what you've done, you can easily paint over it.  Take a look at how I layered this French Chair.
This end table started with a layer of "duck egg" and then I used a wet rag to wipe on old white.
This table started with old white and then I painted over it with a "country grey".  I sanded away that grey so the old white would show through.  You can see this Side Board makeover here.

So play around with your paints.  Start with a color you want to peek through and cover it a little.  You can sand away or when your paint is wet wipe on and wipe off.  :)    There's nothing difficult about it.

Let me know if you have questions.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment