Thursday, February 19, 2015

Faith vs Hope

I love my ipad, but I miss the ability to write notes in the columns and highlight passages on the pages of my books.  I love turning down the corners of selected pages of a book when a passage or thought hits home to me.  I love pulling my old books off the shelf and flipping to one of the turned down corners and reflecting on why I turned it over.  As you can see, it allows me to find the "good stuff" quickly when I go back. :)
This morning as I went to one of my turned down corners, I came across a passage on Faith vs. Hope that I absolutely love from a very old book "Power Through Constructive Thinking" by Emmet Fox.

"Faith properly understood, is a necessary part of every prayer.  The confusion arises because "blind faith" is not really Faith at all, but quite a different thing; namely Hope.  Now Hope is not of the slightest use in prayer - frail, anemic, unfruitful in results, she it is who maketh the heart sick.  

It is her elder sister, Faith, who is the substance, the evidence, the sure and certain forerunner of victory."                                                      

Good old George Michael's had it right.  You gotta have Faith! 
 Faith is the necessary preliminary to answered prayer.  
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
                                                                               Hebrews 11:1


Paula





No comments:

Post a Comment