Thursday, February 26, 2015

Roasted Veggies

The best part of dinner for me are the sides that accompany the main course.  Our family loves vegetables and thats probably because we have them - every night.  It kind of amazes me when people say they their kids won't eat veggies or they don't like the veggies in the can.  Huh?  The can?  Ok....I'm not saying that I don't ever pop something out of the can but I can tell you that it is rarely and only if there are no other options.

A great way to make veggies is to roast them.  It's easy and super healthy.  Here is one of my favorites.
Take a head of cauliflower and a bag (the netted bag from the fresh vegetable section) of brussels sprouts.  Cut the cauliflower up into pieces and cut the end off the brussels sprouts and then cut  in half. I put them in a bowl,  sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt and toss so they are coated.  I foil a roasting pan and spread the veggies out.  Cook them on 425 for 30 min.  At about 15 minutes, spread the veggies about so they don't burn and cook evenly.
You can eat them as is or sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese. I usually serve these with mashed potatoes too. They just go well together.  So good!

Enjoy.

Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment