Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Broccoli Galette with Goat Cheese and Onion

I was talking to my friend the other day about fixins for Memorial Day dinner and she said she was making a broccoli galette.  A broccoli galete......like I'm suppose to know what that is (and I cook)? She said it no different than if she said she was making an apple pie. Hmmm... I was skeptical.

A broccoli gallette is nothing more than broccoli, onions, cheese and some spices in a flaky little flat dough. But let me tell you, not only is this super easy, it is super good! I ate half of this little flaky thing last night before anyone got home.

And don't let the flaky little dough scare you.  I used a pillsbury pie crust so it was as easy as taking off the wrapper.
Chop up a large onion and a head of broccoli and saute them in olive oil until they are soft.  I had a really big onion so I had more onion than broccoli but it worked.  :)
Add some sea salt (or any salt), black pepper and rosemary.  The recipe calls for Feta cheese but I used Goat cheese and it was awesome.  Toss it up and pour it out onto a pressed pie crust (roll out the pie crust a bit so you can fold up the edges.
Brush the edges with a bit of dijon mustard and bake this on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at 400 for about 30 minutes.

I felt like a french chef at dinner last night.  Veggies with a little twist!

Don't let the "galette" word fool you into thinking this is hard.  This was super easy and super yummy!
Try it.

Recipe
1 large vidalia onion
1 large broccoli head
olive oil
3 ounces crumbled Goat or Feta Cheese
1 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper
1 pie crust

Sautee onions and broccoli in olive oil til soft.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add a tsp of rosemary.  Mix in cheese and pour onto a rolled out pie crust.  Fold up the edges and brush edges with dijon mustard (I used a knife to spread it on).  Bake on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at 400 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!


Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment