Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Washes.....

If you love the look of a wash over your paint to give it a truly unique look, chalk paint really is the bomb of all bombs because it is so easy to work with.  

The basic concept is to start with a darker color and then add a diluted lighter color and wipe it off with a wet rag or...vice versa.  I am looking at painting my dining room table and chairs and a hutch and I know I want to do a wash...I'm just not sure which one.  So from Pinterest and other blogs, I want you to see the endless possibilities.  

Here is a french linen base with a paris grey, old white wash...
Here is paris grey with a graphite wash (darker wash).  This is really peaking my interest...
This is an old white base with a french linen wash.....
This crib was done in french linen with a paris grey and white wash.....
This is coco with a country grey wash....
 And this is old white with a country grey wash again.......

If you notice, these washes tend to stick close to the paris grey, french linen, country grey colors... which is what I love, but the options are endless.  Check out Pinterest or the internet and see what color combinations you like.

I will let you know what I end up choosing and then show you how easy this is to do.

Have a great week.

Paula





No comments:

Post a Comment