Monday, November 23, 2015

Painted Candlesticks - Mackenzie Child's Like

Look at these fabulous candlesticks.  They are made out of a heavy wood and stand 41" and 35" high.  A friend asked me if I would paint these with a Mackenzie-Child's like parchment check.
These candle sticks were awesome as is, so I was a bit hesitant to paint them. But once I did....I was so happy!
I started with some stripes and then added checks.
My friend wanted to add a little bronze to the color scheme and it really made the sticks pop!


I think they turned out stunning.  It adds just enough whimsy and fun to any room and the parchment pattern goes with just about anything.  I liked these so much, that I ran out to buy a couple more for me!  

What do you think?

Paula











2 comments:

  1. Love it! Will you share what type of paint and colors you used. Looking to pain a wooden mirror in this style. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... Inspiring - I think I'll try it out on some spindles from Lowes. A kind of DIY project. Your's are wonderful, I love the muted colors. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete