Monday, December 14, 2015

Keeping Christmas Simple


What do you want for Christmas?  

For the last couple of years, I've asked this question to my children and the response is usually, something to the tune of "I'm not sure" or "I don't know...let me think about it."  The days of having a list of things you'd like to have and actually waiting until Christmas are over.  

I saw this on Facebook a few months ago and thought...ya know, our family is already blessed with so much.  Why not make the holidays more enjoyable and keep things manageable this year?  Let's focus on doing things together and on the meaning of Christmas instead of shopping December away.   

So I asked each of the children to send me something they would like for each of the categories above  and to keep it reasonable.  :)  

They have totally jumped on board with their "want, need and wear."  Two of them have tried to swap the "read" for something else....but other than that, they are totally on board.      

 It's amazing how a little structure makes life so much easier. 

“I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. 
These three are your greatest treasures.” ~ Lao Tzu


Paula 




No comments:

Post a Comment