Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Sir Charles Dresser

The Sir Charles Dresser got a nice new makeover.

\

This was actually a dresser of mine that I had as a little girl.  It use to be in a sweet pink bedroom with little flowers.  Then it moved on to one room after another and landed in my son's room.  Here is what he use to look like.


I took off the brass handles and painted them a metallic black.  Then I used Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue.  This is a beautiful blue that turns almost navy with the clear wax.  He is a little brighter in the photo than in person.  I then used a dark wax glaze and buffed him up.  So easy and a total transformation.  Let me know if you are transforming any old pieces from your childhood.

Happy Painting!

Paula

Linking to:

Savy Southern Style
The Style Sisters
The Green Willow Pond
Ivy and Elephants
Lavender Garden Cottage
Revisionary Live
Redoux Interiors
Miss Mustard Seed
Upcycled Treasures





No comments:

Post a Comment