Monday, September 15, 2014

Chalk Painted Pumpkins

It is that time of year....  Time to bring out the fall decorations and go get your pumpkins. This year, I decided that I wanted pretty pumpkins.
I'm not really a huge fan of orange and I wanted pumpkins that were colorful and decorated.  So I went and bought some foam pumpkins and pulled out the Annie Sloan Chalk paint. Nothing fancy here...these came from Walmart. 

I pulled out my favorite chalk paint colors and gave them a quick double coat.  Chalk paint dries very quickly so this was a breeze.   


Then I did a quick wax.

You wax them just like you would your furniture.  Put the clear wax on and rub it in.  I added about 1/4tsp of mineral spirits to the wax so it would spread easier.  Then on a few pumpkins I added some dark wax too.  

 I used a spray adhesive and added a few sparkles to some and a little bit of gold paint to others.  

 I love my pretty pumpkins!

The great thing about these pumpkins is that they will last forever.  I can store them when fall is over and use them again next year.

Happy Monday!

Paula

Linking with
Nifty Thrifty Things
Mod Vintage Life
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Boogie Board Cottage
The Dedicated House
Domestically Speaking
Coastal Charm
A Stroll Thru Life
The Style Sisters
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants


1 comment: