Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Getting Healthy - Essential Oils

One of the many things that I have been focusing on this year is my health.  As I am getting older, I realize the importance of staying active, eating healthy and encouraging the body to heal itself naturally.  I thinks its important to try different things and find what works for you. We all know about the benefits of eating healthy. But what about alternative or different options to what happens in your daily life?

 Albert Einstein once said that the definition to insanity is  "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  If you want different results you have to try something new.

Change is hard for most people. But if you make a small change every day things in your life will change. Whatever you do, do it consistently and see what happens.

My health regime went from years of running and lifting heavy weights to spinning and hot yoga.  I've used acupuncture with great success and meditate and sit in silence regularly. It works for me.

My newest obsession is learning about natural therapeutic oils.  My sister in law introduced me to essential oils and to this this petal diffuser over the holidays.  It is a great way to introduce aromatherapy into your life.  Essential oils were the first "medicines" ever used and have many health qualities to them.
Have you ever been out in public and smelled something that transported you back to a previous time in your life? That smell triggered something in your brain to bring forward a past memory - sometimes from many years past. Think about the power in that. Scents and the brain are powerful together. Why not use it to your advantage?

I'm not an expert on oils and I'm just learning about their health benefits.  This is my first diffuser.  It's easy to use and fairly inexpensive. A few drops of an oil of your choice and you can reap the benefits right away.

Do your research and make sure whatever oils you put into your home are pure and of the best grade.  There are many cheap oils on the market that may not be good for you.  It's something new for me and I'm enjoying it.

What are you doing to get healthy this year?

Paula






No comments:

Post a Comment