I thought I'd give you a quick before and after so you aren't wading through photos to see the finished product.
The picture above is how this sweet little piece arrived. I'm not sure how old she is....but she is old and a bit beaten up. Get passed the old and imagine how she will look with a makeover.
With all of the padding and stuffing out, you can see the intricate springs and how the original cushion was actually made. Cool stuff! I actually had to add some string and pull down some of the original springs as she was a bit uneven.
I painted this piece in a soft ivory and used muslin (which is a cheap cloth) to create a pattern for my final material and to seal in the the cushions and stuffing.
I had to throw away the original padding but found and molded new pads to the original piece.
I used a staple gun to attach the material to the wood.
And attached cording to hide the staples. You can see a bit of the muslin sticking out from the bottom of this picture....ooops :)
I used a clear wax to seal the paint and created a little cushion for the arm rest. Now she is ready to go back to her home.
I love working on old pieces like this. I wish I knew all the places she has been. I'm sure she has a few stories to tell.....
Hope you have a great week!