Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Paint Paint Paint

It's cold and rainy here in SC so my big furniture projects are on hold for awhile...  In the meantime, I'm painting the little things that I find along the way.  Sometimes, I see a piece that leads me to some inspiration.  Like this beautiful ring dish from Mackenzie-Childs.  I love the colors and the bird!
Enter ugly pieces from a craft store...  I know these are hideous, but you have to look past the finish - just like old furniture.  If the form is good, then you can re-create and paint just about anything.
I bought these not sure what I was going to do with them....and then I kept looking at the birds on top.  Hmmmm.....
So I gave them a coat of chalk paint....
And started to add color....
And checks and stripes....
And then a clear coat of poly to seal the paint and make them shiny.


The weather made it difficult to get a good picture, but hopefully you can see how pretty they turned out.  :)

Don't be afraid to try something like this.  You can do it!

Paula


Linking With
Boogie Board Cottage
The Dedicated House
A Stroll Thru Life
The Style Sisters
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy And Elephants
Shabby Nest



No comments:

Post a Comment