Thursday, December 3, 2015

Surrender All

As I get ready for the holiday season, I am reminded of how truly blessed I am.  But I also hear the worry and anxiety that is so prevalent today with those I talk with.  The truth of the matter is that we cannot control it all.  At some point, we have to stop worrying and trying to fix everything so that it fits into our image of what "should be" and allow life to happen.  We do our best to help, support and guide our circumstances but the reality is that we cannot control all that happens or what comes our way.  

We are a control generation. We have learned to take the bull by the horns and plow our way to the top to reach our goals.  And when things don't work out the way we want them to, there is this running dialogue of what isn't working and what happened or what we need to do because something didn't turn out as planned.  Sometimes the lesson is that we don't always get what we want and maybe the lesson is that we need to learn to handle things differently.  And maybe, just maybe... we need to let go and let life happen.  Deal with our circumstances or outcomes the best we can and move on.

I am learning to let go.  It's actually easier to let go than to get all knotted up and stress over what is out of my control.  Take the actions that you can to help fix or resolve an issue and then let go.

Let go and surrender.  Surrender to what will be and watch life work out.  


I surrender all
I surrender all
All to thee my blessed savior,
I surrender all.



Have a great day.

Paula





No comments:

Post a Comment