Monday, October 24, 2016

Painting Brass - Try A Chandelier

Awhile back, my sister-in-law (and very dear friend) brought me a brass lamp to paint.  I want you to know, you can paint almost anything you have at home and make it beautiful.  So don't throw away those old brass lamps!
I painted this using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - which you don't have to use...but because this is a paint that adheres without priming, it was my paint of choice.
I painted this a french linen with some old white added to it.  Then I used some clear and dark wax.
The end result is a very soft lamp with a warm look.  
This was the lamp drying in a corner of my house, but I'm sure it is going to look great above the dining room.  It almost looks and has the texture of wood.  Pretty!

Have a great week!

Paula








No comments:

Post a Comment