Thursday, December 4, 2014

Painting Trash To Treasure - Large Vases

They aren't kidding when they say another man's trash is another man's treasure.  That is so true today - especially since painting and recreating is so easy.  

I found these large vases on the corner of my street, put out for trash.  The owners were moving and didn't want them anymore. Not sure if you can tell, but the large vase is pretty darn big.  It is a little over 3ft tall and comes to about the top of my hip. They must be made out of concrete because they are heavy too.   You should have seen me trying to lift them across the street and bring them home.  My husband was embarrassed that I was taking someone's trash so he wasn't a whole lot of help here. :)  

They were originally painted a terra cotta acrylic.  I decided to paint over them in a soft cream.
Then I highlighted them with a little gold and put a small wash over the gold so it wasn't so shiny.

Not bad for a trash pick up right?

Hope you are having a great week!

Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment