Monday, November 9, 2015

French Round Marble End Table

I started working on this piece last week.  If you missed that post you can find it here.
I know this doesn't look like much, especially with the ugly brown wood, but look at the details and the marble.  When I saw this I was thinking french...romantic...  So I painted this with soft creams and taupe, a little green and some pink.  Look at how the details come out with different colors. Here is what she looked like painted with clear wax.
I layered the pinks and greens under the taupes.
I added a little dark wax.....which I don't really love with light colors but it worked here. The dark wax muted the pink so it wasn't so pastel.  Then I added some gold gilding wax.  

And this is how she turned out.  What do you think?  I know she is suppose to be for my bedroom....but I think I'm going to put in in my entryway and enjoy her for a little bit.  

See what a little paint can do?  

Paula






2 comments:

  1. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a video? I would love to see how you layered the paint to create this effect.

    ReplyDelete