Monday, November 21, 2016

My Daughter's Mackenzie-Child's Like End Table

After seeing a sweet little table I did for a friend, my daughter asked me to paint an end table for her that looked like a Mackenzie-Child's piece.  She had a sentimental end table of my grandfather's and with the cute little lines I thought this would be perfect.  

This was my original inspiration.
The black and white stripes gave it an immediate "wow" factor and the more I worked on this, the more fun I had with it. 
Next I worked on checking the back legs and then adding some stripes and color.  
The inspiration piece I used had a crackled front and I wanted to do the same. I created this crackle look using regular craft glue.  Yep, regular old Elmer's will work. 
See it all starting to come together?  
Finished up with some additional details and then a nice coat of poly.  

Hope she likes it. :)

Have a great week!

Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment