Monday, September 29, 2014

MacKenzie-Childs Look A Like Pumpkins

A friend of mine asked me to paint these for her.  I have to say that out of all the pumpkins I've been painting lately, these are my absolute favorites.  They just add a little bit of class to the regular ole pumpkin. And if you've priced the real ones....you will want to make your own.

I started by painting regular foam pumpkins (I got these at Michael's) that would have white in them - all white.  Then I added the black.


For the checked pumpkins, I started at the stem with a pencil and began marking my initial pattern. Nothing fancy as you can see. Make sure you use a pencil because you might need to adjust and erase like I did.
 I worked around the pumpkin from top to bottom with black squares.

Then I added hints of gold, mustard and a little bit of purple to bring out the details.

I finished these with a high gloss water based polyurethane.

What do you think?  I love them! (Secretly...I want to keep them for myself) :)

I hope you have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by!

Paula



Linking with
Dwelling In Happiness
Boogie Board Cottage
A Stroll Thru Life
Cedarhill Ranch
Ivy and Elephants
Cozy Little House
Savvy Southern Style
Domestically Speaking
Lou Lou Girls
Revisionary Life
Nancherrow
Redoux Interiors