Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Garland and Decorations

It is now the first week of December and I am ready to decorate for the holidays!  If you are like me and waited until now, you know that the pickings are slim if you want fresh garland and pretty decorations.  I went to three outdoor garden centers yesterday looking for garland and fresh wreaths and it was a bust.  A total bust.  But then, at my last stop, I walked down to where they were trimming trees and noticed a pile of branches that had been trimmed off the trees as they were getting ready to load the trees into cars.  A whole pile of fresh cut Christmas tree limbs.  I asked the women at the counter if they were for sale.  Not only was it "not" for sale - but she said to take as much as I wanted because they were going to throw it away!  I was like a kid in candy store.  I grabbed a bunch of limbs, put them into the back of my car and headed home to decorate.  Now, I'm not the most creative when it comes to putting things together by myself but I found I really don't have to be.  Here is what I started with.


I took an old basket and cut the limbs so they would fit into the basket nicely.


I picked up some red berries from Hobby Lobby and added them for color.  Then I took some more limbs and worked on the mantle.  I had some leftover burlap and made a bow.



Not bad for a bunch of limbs right?  And the house smells fab!


Living in South Carolina, we have a lot of pine trees so I went outside and found a few pine cones.



The house smells great and along with the Christmas tree, it now feels like Christmas.  Did I mention this was all free?  Go find a place that sells trees and grab some free tree limbs.  You won't regret it!

Thanks for reading,

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment