Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fruits Of The Spirit - Self Control

I've been covering the "fruits of the spirit" over the last couple of months as I work on my never ending quest of self improvement. The last fruit is that of Self Control.
Are you able to control your emotions, behaviors and desires in the face of circumstances affecting your life? Are you able to avoid impulses and emotions that lead to negativity?

As I've gotten older, I realize that being calm and taking a few minutes to breathe before I react, allows a much better response and a much better feeling inside.

As Faith Hill sings.....just breathe.


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joypeace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
(Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
Paula





No comments:

Post a Comment