Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Summer is ......over.

This summer was a hard one for me, as I became a true empty nester.  For the first time in 23 years, my house is quiet.  No longer will the door start to swing open at 4, 5 or 6pm.  No longer will I hear all of the days tales and be asked to proof read one final time, a homework assignment or paper.

I'm happy for my children who have the world at their feet.  I'm excited to see where they go and where they land.  Forever more, I will be on standby; waiting to hear about their escapades, their classes, their work and their interests.  No longer am I steering the ship.  They have sailed on to their own adventures.

For me, I'm sad.  Sad that those days are over.  Sad that the house is so quiet.  I know I'll get into my own routine, but I loved the days of watching them grow up.  I will miss their chatter, their arguments, their dishes and their clothes piled up.

I will miss their laughter each day and their "good night mom" each evening.  I will cherish the past and look forward to when they are all back in the nest for holidays, summers and visits.

Thank you to those of you checking in to see if I'm still blogging and working on new things.  Yes.  I am back and ready to get into my own routine at this new stage of my life.

Working on a few new things, can't wait to show you.

Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment