Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Today

Today, I want to stop and take moment and be still.  I want to listen and pay attention to the life that is happening around me. For just a few minutes, I want to be thankful for what I have and for all that is in my life.  I want to take a deep breath and put everything on pause.  I want to close my eyes and feel the life force that is within me and say thank you for this amazing body that God created and blessed me with.  I want to put my hand on my heart and feel it beating, feel it's strength and know that it's power and constancy in my life happens without my effort.  It beats for me so that I may have another day.  Another day to make choices, another day to live and make a difference. I want to look around. Really look around at what surrounds me and be content with where I am.  For just a few moments, I want to pay attention to what is happening now, not what is coming later in the day or reflecting on what happened yesterday.  I want to feel the moment and just enjoy it.

“Today is a gift from God - that is why it is called the present.” 
― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Paula






No comments:

Post a Comment