Monday, August 25, 2014

Union Jack Take 2

Last week, I showed you the start of my Union Jack end table.  Today I want you to see how it turned out and also show you how easy this is to do.

Here are the different stages of taping.  Don't let this overwhelm you.  It's really not that difficult.
Take a look at the flag below as it should be and then you can easily see how to map it out on your furniture. Notice the red diagonal stripes....they are not even on the top and bottom. :)


Here is how my piece looked after all of the tape came off.
Then I distressed the piece pretty much all over and replaced the wooden knobs with old brass ones.

I finished this up with clear wax and decided not to use the dark wax.  For now.....  :)
I used Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue, Emperor's Silk and Pure white.  You don't have to use this color combination either.  Mix it up and have fun!

Hope you have a great week!

Paula


Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32


Linking with:
Nifty Thrifty Things
Mod Vintage Life
A Stroll Thru Life
Upcycled Treasures
Coastal Charm
Domestically Speaking
Dwelling In Happiness
The Style Sisters
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy And Elephants
Revisionary Life


No comments:

Post a Comment