Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fresh Summer Pies

Making a fresh fruit pie might be the easiest thing to make in the summer.  You just need a few simple ingredients and you can have your pie in the oven in less than 5 minutes.  Seriously, 5 minutes. 
 You don't have to make your pie crust from scratch.  I know some of you are going to email me and tell me the benefits of making your pie dough from scratch.  I get it.  The crust is better.  But for busy moms, it's easier to buy the roll out dough from the grocery store. And trust me, no one in the family is going to complain about it.  Just buy the Pillsbury roll out dough in the box found in the refrigerator section.  (not the frozen ones)

I love blueberries because they are wash and ready.  No slicing needed.  Place two quarts of blueberries in a bowl.  Add a cup of sugar and 3 Tbsp of corn starch or flour.  Mix them up and place them in the rolled out pie dough.  Depending on your pie plate, you might want to put a little Pam on the bottom so it won't stick.
Place the second roll of dough on top and pinch the two dough pieces together. If you don't pinch the dough together well, the berry juice may leak out in your oven.  I like to sprinkle a little water on top of the dough and then sprinkle a little sugar on top before I throw it in the oven.   :)  Cut a few wholes in the dough and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
Yum....

Enjoy.

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment