Monday, September 28, 2015

Fun Checkered Coat Hanger - Mackenzie-Child's Like.

This fun little coat hanger went from drab to fab with a few easy steps.  This was an old oak hanger that the kids used when they were little.  It lacked any kind of charm and I almost threw it out.
I was looking at it the other day and thought...what can I do to make this look better?  What if I "check it up"?  So you know me, I pulled out my paints and started working away.
What doesn't look cute in black and white checks?  Then I changed out the hangers...
The gold ones were changed out with the whimsical black ones and re-attached with a small drill.
Then I started to work on the base..
A finishing coat of poly and she is all set.  
I think checks make anything look better.   What do you think?  Do you have something like this that could use a make-over?  Give it a try....you might be surprised.  

Paula








No comments:

Post a Comment