Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Surrender.....

Have you noticed the conversations lately with friends and family leaning towards the topic of anxiety? Anxiety was a prevalent theme no matter who I was talking to this week.  Anxiety has creeped it's way into our everyday lives and affects everyone of all ages.  What was once something we would feel and talk about prior to a big event, has turned into an everyday topic and an everyday reality for some.

"Anxiety"- a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

I have been asking myself and pondering why there is so much of this today?  I certainly don't have the magical answer as to how we rid ourselves of anxiety....  I too feel the unease of the next steps of my life.  But I am trying to ease away what I feel creeping in.

We worry about what might happen or could happen and make ourselves sick about the outcome of an event which probably....won't ever happen.  :) I wish I could take back all of the things that I  worried about over the years that never happened. Right?

The reality is that we are all perfectly capable of handling outcomes and decisions that may end up being negative today. We all know how to navigate and move through difficult situations. We do.  But that doesn't fix anxiety when it rears its ugly head.

We are programmed to "control" so many things in our lives and the reality is that we cannot control all things.  So I'm trying....to Let Go and Let God and surrender to my higher power.  To let Him navigate the waters.  To trust that all will be well.  And when I'm confronted with the "what if" I'll lean unto Him to help make straight my path.

If we continue to do the same things in our lives...we end up with the same results.  Try something different and see where this leads you.

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalm 61:2)


Paula












No comments:

Post a Comment