Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Transferring An Image To Wood - French Typography


Transferring an image to wood is a lot easier than it looks.  With the help of The Graphics Fairy and her fabulous ready to use pdf graphics, this project was a no brainer.   I found a pre-cut round board at Lowes and decided to paint some harlequin diamonds on it to spice it up.



Use a ruler to map out the diamond height you want and then use half of that for the width. Once you get your first diamond you can use a ruler to map out diagonal lines across the board.

I used the wax paper Transfer Method.  This was a bit tricky.  My printer kept wanting to eat the wax paper until I realized that I needed to tape the wax paper to an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper at the top and bottom corners. Then it rolled right through the printer.


I chose two graphics; the Vins and Spiritueux and the French Crown.  I took a damp paper towel to my board (not wet!) just enough to ensure the graphic would come off the paper and then laid the graphic against my wood.  If your board is too damp the ink will smear and you will need to start over.


I held the wax paper still and used a credit card to rub off the graphic.

ao

This is the board above before the clear and dark wax.



This is the board after.  Not bad for an afternoon project right?   Find a neat graphic and transfer it to a piece of wood to create your own image.  It's that easy.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Tuesday!

Paula


Linking with:

Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment