Friday, February 7, 2014

Lovely Lace

Remember me telling you about my Italian grandmother and her three sisters that came to the U.S. from  Italy in 1920? They were very talented with a needle, thread and crochet hook.  One of the aunts worked for Macy's in NY when monogramming and embroidery was done by hand.  My mom just brought me an old box that she had filled with all kinds of lace goodies that they never used.

Look at the sweet intricate patterns that they created......They are so pretty! These would go on the end of pillow cases, table runners and table cloths.  I marvel at how they did this. I'm going to have to find a way to use these pieces somehow. I can't just put them back in the closet and forget about them.

I never really gave lace much thought before.   Maybe because I'm older and I am learning to appreciate things in a different way.  I find this lace truly spectacular and am so happy to have it.

I'm excited about my new little lace treasures.  I will keep you up to date with what happens to them.

Have a fabulous weekend and remember....be kind.

Paula

Linking With:

Time Washed
Ivy And Elephants

No comments:

Post a Comment