Monday, February 24, 2014

Wine Cork Board



While working on a wood project that is having some major "bleed through," I decided to take a break on the darn piece and walk away for awhile.  Sometimes when you get frustrated with a piece, you just need to walk away and leave it alone.  But I was ready to work on something, the weather was nice so what was I to do?  I sat down in the family room, looking at a bowl full of wine corks, when I remembered a picture I saw on Pinterest that came from Shanna at Restoration Redoux.  I had plenty of corks (don't go judging....it is what it is) so I thought I'd give this a try.

I painted an old wood frame that you can get from hobby lobby.  I cut out a piece of cardboard and glued it to the back of the frame.  Then I placed the corks into my frame so I knew how many to use and to make sure that they fit. I did have to cut a few.

I painted them and then glued them to the back.
I'll need to create some cute little push pins to go with this.  Thanks for the idea Shanna!

Happy Monday!

Remember to be kind this week.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment