Friday, May 2, 2014

Inspiration - Where Does It Come From? .... French Dresser Part 3

The week started off with someone asking me where I got the inspiration for pieces that I do.  If you want to start from the beginning you can see Part I where I find my original source of inspiration and begin to make it happen and then Part 2 where I distress and use clear wax.

Today, I am showing you the piece with dark wax and new knobs added.
When I use dark wax, I use is sparingly. I don't use it all over the piece, mostly where I have sanded and distressed the piece.  I also use a little bit across the large spaces, followed quickly with a fine piece of steel wool.

Remember, this was my inspiration above......
And this is pretty much how it all comes together.  Sometimes where I end up is not what I had in mind.  This one is pretty close.

Let me know if you have any questions.  

I hope you have a great weekend.  

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment