Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Color

Have you ever noticed how color can make you feel a certain way?  I've been paying attention to color a lot lately.  Especially color that is in my home.  When I was younger, I loved red;  red clothes, red rooms, red pillows, red blankets, red plates...and all things red.  If I needed a pop of color, red was my go to inspiration.  But now, as I've gotten older, I'm drifting to softer colors.  Colors that make me go "ahhhh" when I see them or think how pretty something is just by it's shade.  I still like color.  I just like it to be softer and not quite so vibrant.  As I look over my home pins on Pinterest, there is definitely a color or shades of color that I am gravitating towards. I never really thought of myself as a blue or green person but these shades are working for me.
Look at some of my recent pins and you can see what I'm talking about.






For me, there is just something soft and pretty and calming about this color. 
I think I'm gravitating towards this color, because it reminds me of home.  A safe place where we can be ourselves and nurture those around us.

Do you have a color that you gravitate towards?

Happy Hump Day.

Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment