Thursday, July 10, 2014

Grandma's Quilt

Awhile back I shared an unfinished quilt I was given that my grandmother started as a young girl.  Admittedly, I cannot sew to save my life so the thought of finishing the quilt was out of the question.... But, I was able to find a very talented woman here in SC that finished it for me!
Grandma had used an old pattern which I am told is called English Paper Piecing.  She got most of the quilt top together but never completed it as you can see below.  
I was not going to let this sit unfinished for another 50 years so I turned to quilting expert, Cheryl Wheeler in Goose Creek, SC.  She is an accomplished quilter and works out of her home.  Here are a few pictures so you can see it better.  


Isn't it so sweet?  I am more than thrilled that it is finished and so happy to have this treasure completed. There is something comforting about an old quilt.  Having one that grandma made just warms my heart.

Thank you Cheryl!!

If you have an old quilt that you need help with, you can reach Cheryl Wheeler at cherylwheeler8@gmail.com. 

Happy Thursday!

Paula

Linking with:

No comments:

Post a Comment