Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hot Chocolate

As the evenings get colder, I find myself reaching for something sweet and something to warm me up.  I've been making some hot cocoa and wondering why I don't make the really good kind.  You know.....dessert in a warm cup. Here are some that sound like they will warm me up.



Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate With Oreos recipe


2 cups milk (I have also used 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream)
1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
4-5 Oreos
Whipping cream
Crushed Oreos for topping

1. Warm up milk and on the stove over medium-low heat. Be careful not to let it boil.
2. Add the hot chocolate powder.
2. Grind the Oreos up very finely in a food processor or blender.
3. Add the Oreos to the warm milk.
4. Serve with whipped cream topping and Oreos crushed on the top.





White Hot Chocolate recipe


1 cup whole or reduced-fat milk (or half and half, if you want to be really indulgent)
2 oz good quality white chocolate
Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream (optional; for garnish)
Dark chocolate shavings (optional; for garnish)

Combine the milk, white chocolate, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a simmer, then turn heat down, and simmer gently 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Turn heat off and stir in the vanilla. Serve hot, garnished with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings, if desired.

Pumpkin Hot Chocolate recipe

Ingredients

3 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp cinnamoon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
4 ounces white chocolate chopped

Intstructions
Heat the milk, pumpkin spices and vanilla in a saucepan. Add the Chocolate and stir until meltedPour into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.

I'm going to stock up on some these ingredients so when I'm looking for something warm and sweet I'm good to go.  How about you?

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment