Friday, April 4, 2014

The Power Of Intention

 Today I was thinking about the power of intention.  The power that we have to create and put into action things that we want in our lives.  It's not just about "creating" things, like what we do with furniture and art, but to create the lives that we want for ourselves.

In the busy and craziness of our lives today, we rarely take the time to think about what is and isn't working for ourselves.  What makes you happy?  What is it that you want?  The power to change all of this rests with....you got it....you.


One of my favorite books of all time, is The Power Of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer.  I read this many years ago and find myself referring back to pages that have been marked and highlighted and underlined (yea, I'm one of those who makes notes as I go along. :)  

Dyer looks at the ability to harness one's own inner energy and access your intentions to begin creating what you intend for your life.  He is not specific on the force inside of you.  He encourages you to call upon the force based on your own beliefs. What is it that you want for yourself?  It took me a long time to actually figure this out.  It ended up being quite simple.  I carried around a 3x5 index card in my car up on the visor for many years that listed out 4 important intentions that I knew would get me what I wanted.  You see, it's important that you are specific with your intentions.  Just as it's important in being specific in your prayers.  The world will respond to what you intend.  If you aren't specific and are kind of wishy washy....guess what?  You get wishy washy in return.

I love to create and I am now firm in my life's intentions. What intentions are you putting forth in your life?  Have you given them much thought?  Pull out an index card of your own, write down your intentions, intend them into action and see what life brings you.  You might just be amazed.

Have a great weekend.

Paula


Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32




No comments:

Post a Comment