Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Heart Happy

A friend of mine, who I haven't talked to in a long time called me and said "what are you doing with yourself these days?"......."Well, I said hesitantly, I'm redoing furniture and blogging about it."  Then there was this silence.....like I had to say "hello" to see if she was still on the other line.  "You are doing......what?" I spent the next several minutes telling her about my blog and how much fun I was having.  I could hear the skepticism in her voice and we moved on to talk about other things.   

How many times have you chosen a path or didn't do something you wanted to for fear of what someone would say?  Why is that?  Growing up as a child, I was afraid of failure and afraid of not being liked. I lacked confidence.  Because of that, I always played it safe. I made choices that kept me in the mainstream and never caused anyone to say "why are you doing that?"  I think I was protecting my heart from failure and rejection.  I was afraid.


Sometimes, I'm still afraid of what people will say.  But I'm working on that and trying new things that make "me" happy.  Like anything new, it takes time to practice and time to learn.  Sometimes it just takes the courage to try.

Are you thinking about trying something new but you are afraid or hesitant?  Sometimes that little nudge for you to try something is put there for a reason.  Sometimes trying something will lead to something else.  You have to give yourself the chance to try new things so you can see what might come of it.

Open your heart to new possibilities.



Paula






No comments:

Post a Comment