Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What Are You Sowing?

I want to share this beautiful quilt with you that my grandmother started when she was a little girl.  This has been tucked away in a box in an attic for a very long time.  My grandmother past away a long time ago but she left behind this beautiful treasure. I'm not sure why it was never finished or why she stopped, but I get the wonderful privilege of having this finished and having her memory fill my house in a comforting quilt kind of way.

Now, admittedly, there isn't a part of me that can sew past a button on a shirt.  When I do projects that require sewing, I need an iron and "heat n bond" to get a seam.  :)   It's ok.  I have accepted this as one of those gifts I did not get.  I have found a talented woman who is going to help me finish this quilt, true to the vision my grandmother had for it.  I am so excited to see the outcome.  As soon as I have it I will share.

This quilt got me thinking.....  I don't sew.  But, do I sow?  What am I planting in my daily life? What seeds am I sowing? What do I scatter, spread and disperse in my daily life.  This thought makes me feel small and inadequate.  Am I not a sower of anything?  I chose to work on "kindness" as my new year's resolution this year.  Am I sowing kindness?  I try....but that makes me feel inadequate too.  I guess because I try to be kind when the opportunity arises, but I'm not actively sowing kindness on a daily basis, makes me feel a bit small.  Where is the effort?  Where is the season of planting?  I want to be an active sower and not a spectator of life on the sidelines.  I need to create and initiate sowing kindness so I am actively engaged in my endeavor and reap the harvest of my seeds.

Prayer of St Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.



O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen. 

In the end, we reap what we sow. What are you sowing these days?

I hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

Paula

Linking with:
Revisionary Life
Nancherrow
Liz Marie
Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment