Monday, April 14, 2014

Chairs, Chairs, Chairs

Old chairs, re-done make the perfect accent chair for any room.  If you have an old chair, take a look at it before you throw it away or give it away.  If it has a good wood frame - then you can re-do it.  The options are endless.  Even if you've never reupholstered a chair I'm here to tell you that you can do this.  
I pulled an array of different chairs off of Pinterest last night to show you.  All you need is some paint and some fabric. I prefer Annie Sloan Chalk paint, because it is easy and there is little to no prep work before you start painting.  The one below may have been an old dining chair.  
Now, the next two chairs may need to go to a professional to upholster.  There is some talent when it comes to tufting with buttons and sewing a cushion.  But if you sew....go for it.  As we know, I don't sew. :)   If you have the frame, the outcome is worth it.

If you have a cane chair, don't think it's old and throw it away.  Caning is expensive and there is a beautiful art to it.  You can transform any cane chair into something beautiful.  Check out my tutorial on Painting Cane if you are going to do this.
If you have an old chair, don't throw it away.  Paint it and recreate it into something fun and beautiful.  Here is a chair that I did from start to finish.  You can check out my blog French Chair Makeover to see how.
The good thing about doing a chair is that it is easy and doesn't take a lot of time.  Chalk paint, fabric from a craft store, hot glue, staples and you are ready to go.  Every room can use a decorative chair.  Every time I look at mine, it makes me happy.

Have fun.

Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment