Tuesday, January 28, 2014

French Chair Makeover


I have always wanted to makeover a french chair....I just needed to find the right chair.

That is when I found this baby and dragged my friend Barb out into the middle of South Carolina to help me pick it up.  I'm sure she was thinking....."um yeah, ok..."  Then I started to take it apart.


Once all the staples were out (and there were tons of them) I used ASCP in Provence, some French Linen and Old White.



It was a little more grey than I wanted it to be but I knew I could fix this with a dark wax glaze.  If you add a little bit of mineral spirits to the ASCP dark wax, you get a beautiful dark glaze that will age the paint.  It is also much easier to put on than using your wax brush.  Just wipe it on with a cloth.   I ended up using a $4 drop cloth from Lowes for the material.  Yep, a drop cloth.  I washed it several times in hot water and bleach and then ironed it.  It is the perfect material!



I was going to sell this chair, but I like it so much I'm going to keep it!  Do you have an old chair that you can transform?  If you need help, let me know.

Thanks for stopping by.

Paula

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Eph. 4:32

Linking with:
The Style Sisters
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Scoop
Common Ground-do
Jennifer Rizzo
The Lavender Garden Cottage
Not Just A House Wife
Liz Marie
Miss Mustard Seed
Timewashed
Nancherrow
Upcycled Treasures
Coastal Charm
Rain On A Tin Roof
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Home Stories A to Z
Savy Southern Style
Ivy And Elephants
Revisionary Life
Domestically Speaking
Redoux Interiors
Green Willow Pond
A Stroll Thru Life

No comments:

Post a Comment