Monday, January 6, 2014

New Beginnings

I love the holiday season, but admittedly, I am kind of happy when it's over.  Happy when the last holiday light and wreath is tucked away until next year.  Happy when the house is back to "normal".  I also find that that first week in January is a little melancholy.  The kids go back to school and the typical routines fall into place.  I have always relished a routine and those that know me, know that I like order.  But I'm working on this.  I'm working on letting go and finding peace with what I have and where I am in my life.  Peace in not having all of the answers today or even tomorrow.  Not only am I working this year to bring new life into old pieces and things that I already have, but I'm also going to work on being a kinder person. Not just to others, but to myself. I'm going to allow myself to be human and have faults and err. And hopefully, I can laugh about it along the way.  I think we all need to be kinder to ourselves and to others.  Something to think about.....How many times do you actually initiate kindness?  I mean, really offer it up and extend it to someone without any expectation in return.  I'm going to work on this and put focus on initiating kindness throughout 2014.  


Still pulling out cherished items that have been tucked away.  An old crystal bowl from my grandma, a treasured book from my mom and a silver pitcher from our wedding.  The flowers, I bought for myself today at the grocery store.  :)

In front of the pitcher are some old silver custard cups (they need polishing) from the Italian side of my family.  I don't make custard...and can't imagine my family ever being able to handle the delicate sweet fragile bowls that sit in the cups!  They now hold candles and I just love seeing them.


"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."

- Mother Teresa


In kindness,

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment