Friday, April 18, 2014

Tulips, Hyacinths And Easter

Tulips and Hyacinths remind me of Easter and springtime. My mom had these planted right outside our front door growing up. I remember watching those little sprouts come up out of the ground after a long cold winter. There would be these little green tips that would poke out of the ground. I would open the door each day and see if they were ready to bloom. Those little buds were the hope that warmer weather was on the way.  We always took our Easter pictures on that little porch. Me in my Easter dress and bonnet and my brothers in their little suits.

And when the hyacinths bloomed, you could smell them coming up the driveway. Whenever I smell hyacinths now, either flowers or candles, I'm always taken back to that little porch on Locksley Lane.  
Such a sweet memory.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment