Thursday, March 27, 2014

Little Rocker

There is something gentle and calming about a rocking chair.  Maybe it takes us back to being rocked as babies.  Maybe it's the memory of rocking my babies that pulled me to want this little chair.  This is a much smaller rocker than the one I used to lull my babies into that precious sweet sleep at 4am in the morning - but something about it called to me.  There is something about the stillness of the night or the quiet that overcomes you when all you have to do is rock.  Rocking is a great way to relieve stress and relax because you don't have to do anything but lean back and let go.  So that my dear friends is the message for today.  :)

I painted this in old white and wasn't sure if I should paint the cane.  I did a little distressing and then thought it would look better with the cane painted.  Cane needs to be painted with minimal paint and in several layers.  You don't want the paint to build up in between the weaved pieces.  You can check out my tutorial on Painting Cane here.


This is actually an old sewing rocker.  It sits a little over 3 feet at it's tallest.  It sits small to the ground so women didn't have to lean too far to get to their sewing supplies. It is also armless so you can pull the threads through your pieces without hitting your arms.  Cute right?  And yes, I can sit in it and rock...I just can't lean my head back on this one.  :)

No matter where you are today or what is on your mind, I hope you can find a few minutes to lean back and rock.  And if you don't have a rocker....just lean back.  Ahhhhh.

Happy Thursday.

Paula

Have a great day!

Linking with:
A Stroll Thru Life
Revisionary Life
Time Washed
Savy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants
Green Willow Pond
The Style Sisters
Nancherrow
Redoux Interiors
Jennifer Rizzo


No comments:

Post a Comment