Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Beautiful Little Tea Table

I've had this table for a long time and over the years she has moved around from room to room.  She belongs with a lower serving tea table that sits in my mom's house.  She had a very dark stain that had beautiful little flowers on the top and sides that were flaking off. She is beautiful as is.....but too dark for where I am in my life right now.  (Gasp! I can hear the antique collectors saying don't paint her).
The thing is....when you refinish furniture, you can also restore.  If I don't like how she turns out, I can strip the paint and restore her to her natural wood. That's what is so cool about furniture restoration. For now, I want those carvings to stand out and I want to lighten her up.
I put an antique white on her for starters. I added a little bit of Duck Egg Blue to her curves and used both a clear and dark wax. Now that I can see all of her beautiful details, I've totally fallen in love with her.

The paint brought out all of the little details that were hidden in the dark stain.    

Ok, I'm not the best photographer.....but isn't she sweet?  I love her lightened up.

I hope you have a great day.  Remember to be kind.

Paula

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

French Country Cottage
Chic By Tab
Nancherrow
Revisionary Life
Miss Mustard Seed
Green Willow Pond
A Stroll Thru Life
Coastal Charm
Upcycled Treasures
Savy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants




No comments:

Post a Comment